Tuesday 6 August 2013

Early Pregnancy Scan - Check!

July 2013 was Really Special to Us. Why?
  1. Completed 9 Years of Togetherness!
  2. Saw Our Two Really Special Pink Lines!
  3. Maximum Traffic inflow to our Blog! (set a new record of 3,111 Pageviews in a month - *cough*BRAGGING*cough*)
Maybe because all 3,111 people who viewed our blog did pray for us - Because I have more good news!


Before I tell you what that is, let us start with a few disclaimers:

Disclaimer 1 - We are crazy for Dr. Anil Agarwal and we believe that he is the best Sonologist in the whole wide world.

Disclaimer 2 - There is not a better OB-GYN than Dr. Prabha Nambiar (also in the whole wide world) and we would never go to any other... like, ever!

So if we sound overexcited about these 2 people in this or future posts, please bear with us. Because, like I said, THEY ARE THE BEST!

Now that I have got THAT out of my system, let us carry on...

Saturday, 03 August, 2013

Needless to say, we were tensed. Jane, as usual, was talking non-stop (that is her way of coping with tension) and I, as usual, was really quiet. For those who do not know, this scan is a pretty big deal (actually, every scan is!) as it confirms the baby's is fine by measuring the baby's heart rate.

We reached Lotus Diagnostics really early in the morning (because we wanted nobody else to do the Ultrasound, but... you-know-who... Dr. Anil!). Filled the forms, Jane had a lot of water and we waited for our turn.

As I stepped into the room, I suddenly remembered that Jane was almost 3 months pregnant the last time we were here. Heavy heart! As usual, Dr. Anil ignored me and continued scribbling on his notepad. (He always talks first to Jane - And I like that!).

"Is this your first pregnancy?" He asked in his booming voice.

"Last time she miscarried in the 3rd month" I said.

He looked up at me and said, "O.K.!"

He walked over to Jane and started setting everything up. "Are you tensed?" he asked Jane.

"Yes" She replied.

"Good! Atleast you are honest about it!" he said smiling. "Let us take a look!"

Silence... I was staring at the big screen in front of me, holding my breath...

Silence as he starts scanning and then marks 2 little plus marks on the screen.

"Do you see the area between these 2 plus marks?" He says. "That is your baby!"

Jane says "Hmm..." Now we know it is not done yet.

"Do you see the tiny pulsating red and blue lights there?" He says again. "That is your baby's heart"

Jane is quiet this time.

"Now, let us check the heartbeat. Then we are all happy!" He says

Soon the entire room echoes with superfast lubb-dubbs!

"151 bpm. That is great. Everything is fine. Nothing to worry, Okay?" Dr. Anil says.

"Whooooosh!" That would be me! I had no idea I could hold my breath this long!

He looks at Jane - "There is nothing to worry ma'am your baby is all healthy and fine."

He looks at me and says - "Congratulations!"

"Thank You, Doctor" I mumbled.

As we came out of the room, I held Jane close and kissed her lightly on the head.

"Pappu..." she said "Let me go, I have REALLY got to pee...!"

2 comments:

  1. Krishna Chaitanya8 December 2013 at 13:47

    firstly hearty congratulations! Please take of yourself and little angel inside. May I know where Dr Prabha Nambiar available for consultation ? I know only CMH. apart from that ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank a lot, Krishna. Dr.Prabha is available at CMH and at Motherhood. You can call the respective hospitals for the timings/appointments. She is also available at her clinic on 100ft Road, Indiranagar. For appointments at the clinic (which we prefer despite being on weekdays) you can call 080 25213977. All the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...